Fly ash- a waste product of thermal power, steel and other plants burning pulverized coal is generally disposed off into environment, polluting the air, water and soil. The cost of disposing this waste is high, both environmentally and economically. Thus converting this waste into blocks has turned out to a step not only towards a cleaner environment, but has also given the building and construction industry an exciting material for building stronger, more durable and aesthetically better structures.
Raxint is technically superior because:
- Accurate size reduces quantity of mortar in wall- reducing mortar shrinkage by 30%
- Superior thermal and sound insulation properties of blocks increase the comfort of occupants
- Uniform quality gives accurate vertical joint and proper bonding pattern
- A higher degree of consistency in strength of blocks enables designer to use low factor of safety
- For fly ash bricks, it is found that in all the cases, the ratio of prism strength (analogical testing of wall strength) to unit strength was more than the conventional bricks
Raxint is cost-effective because:
- 12% less raxint is required than traditional bricks for the same volume of construction as it is true to size-shape
- Only 2% breakage till use compared to 10% breakage of clay bricks
- Mortar requirement is reduced by 8-10%
- Economical design of foundation and other structural elements is possible as cellular blocks weigh 30% less
- Reduced plaster requirement saves on cost, reduces the dead load and increases the carpet area
- Productivity of resource increases, so lots of expenses are saved, overhead costs are saved
- Faster returns on investment means saving by the way of the interest on capital.
Raxint is environment friendly because:
- Raxint is recycled product. 50% of its raw materials are industrial by-products
- When not utilized, these raw materials could be hazardous to the environment
- By using it in place of clay bricks, you save the top soil, prevent erosion and halt the production of CO2, a major contributor to global warming
- A scientific study in India has shown that the traditional brick industry is hazardous to the environment
- Per 1000 raxint used, you save about 5 sqm of land which will otherwise be required to produce bricks as well as to store fly ash.
Our Raxint range includes: